This is a full-time union contract position scheduled to work 35 hours per week**
· Greets visitors/clients/employers; answers in-person and via telephone and screens and directs calls.
· Provides administrative and clerical support to the clients and other programs at the Centre.
· Schedules appointments for clients.
· Provides general information to clients and the public.
· Screens and refers clients to appropriate internal or external services.
· Registers current and potential clients for information sessions and job fairs (phone/walk-ins/emails)
· Registers clients into COSTI programs, screens them and enters their data in, CaMS and the Centre’s own developed database systems in a timely and accurate fashion.
· Data entry of programs’ clients using CIS, CaMS and the Centre’s own developed database systems.
· Reviews and ensures timely distribution and follow-up of all TRF client referrals posted on CaMS and assigns clients to Employment Consultant as per center’s rotation list.
· Maintains an MS Excel operational spreadsheet to ensure accuracy of program funds.
· Ensures accurate and timely input of client, employer and supplier data using Access, Excel, CIS, Google Drive, WebApps and CaMS.
· Supports Employment Consultants and Assistant Manager to ensure CaseFLO data are accurately submitted.
· Assists with the marketing of the programs and provides assistance in creating/preparing/editing/proofreading/copying of flyers, brochures, signs PowerPoint presentations, certificates, thank you notes, forms, and other materials as required.
· Assists Centre administrative team to cover reception at lunch, breaks as required.
· Prepares and compiles statistical reports on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
· Assists with updating clients’ files and information in data base systems.
· Maintains accuracy of the client’s hard copy and electronic files.
· Orders and maintains office inventory; assists with preparing service invoices and coordinate weekly interoffice courier.
· Assists with organizing administrative tasks to ensure the smooth operation of program.
· Community College Office Assistant Certificate or equivalent.
· Minimum 18 months experience providing administrative support.
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Internet, email and Desktop Publishing is essential with a focus on data entry and tracking of information through Excel.
· Demonstrated knowledge of administrative and public relations skills.
· Verbal and written fluency in English is required.
· Ability to communicate in another language would be an asset.
· Experience working with youth, newcomers and/or immigrants an asset.
· Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
**Hours of work shall be scheduled in accordance with Article 12.01and shall consist of five (5) seven (7) hour days, Monday to Friday.
LOCATIONS: 6750 Winston Churchill Boulevard, Unit 8A, Mississauga
DURATION: October 5, 2022 – March 31, 2023
SALARY RANGE: $23.26 – $ 25.03 per hour
CLOSING DATE: October 5, 2022
Please note that a written and technical assessment will be administered to demonstrate both written and planning skills as well as proficiency with MS Office applications and Outlook at an advanced level.
Priority consideration will be given to those on Notice of Recall. Subject to the response of those on Notice of Recall, this position may be open to Union members on a secondment basis.